Skip to main content

we won!!!!

I don't remember ever being happier about an election outcome - ever!!! I remember being happy when Bill Clinton won. I remember being sad when Gore and Kerry lost. But last night...

I was in my bed around 11, refreshing cnn.com to check on the electoral vote counts. It was 11:03 on my laptop when I saw cnn projection for Obama. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to watch it on TV. I jumped up and down - we won, we won. My daughter was jumping up and down as well - both of my dogs started barking. My husband (who otherwise does not show emotion easily) had a broad grin on his face.

I watched McCain speak and I thought of all the the time I had heard him speak, this was the best delivery he had. And then I watched the President Elect Obama walk on the stage with his family, and I had tears in my eyes. I have never in my life cared for election outcome so much.

This morning as I was driving to work, the whole world seemed happier - the trees were grinning, the clouds were smiling, there was this positive energy in the air. I guess I am always the glass half full kind of person, but this morning I am just happy to have the glass.

Congratulations Mr. Obama - Yes We Can!!!

Comments

Samosas for One said…
So what did you say to that friend who didn't want to waste their time?
bindu said…
Yeah! My first thought this morning was - Obama's president! What a speech he gave. Now I hope he can satisfy everyone's high expectations and get re-elected for the next term.;)
pink dogwood said…
samosas - she told me that one more vote in maryland wouldn't have made a difference.And I told her she is wrong - so I told her next time I am going to drive her to the polls myself :)

Bindu: I loved the speech as well and ditto on the expectations :)
Anonymous said…
you bet. yes we can. let's hope as akbar, let him get his navratnas correctly and he has some good security until and unless the CIA itself do not play up any mischief.
Sylvia K said…
I felt exactly the same way as all of you! last night and today, too. Just such a great sense of joy!
Samosas for One said…
Just as I was reading your comment the person who I was referring to in my post was chatting with me and told me it is ok that she didn't vote because the state of Illinois arwould always have gone to Obama. How do you not let this impact the way you see that person? Especially when it is someone in your pariwar. :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
It was a great night and great day for American Democracy. No more waiting on battleground state controversy... no more waiting a month for the Supreme Court to pick our President (how unconstitutional was that!). A clean, quick victory for President-elect Obama. His speech did get me a little choked up and it was brilliantly written. But Sen. McCain's speech was pretty good as well. I loved that he was so classy and cool and said the competition is over now and that he will join forces with his President to make things happen. That is what I love about Sen. McCain… it’s just too bad he changed for his party as Presidential Candidate McCain.
india flint said…
even over here in the big red island down under we were jumping with delight...
Maithri said…
You're so right... WE won.... Not just Barack but all of us

It was a win for peace, for justice, for hope,

Love to you friend, Maithri
pink dogwood said…
tumbleweed: thanks for sharing in the celebrations.

Maithri: thanks :)
CrystalChick said…
Just stopping by to get your link and name for my blogroll. And to say HELLO!

I mailed your package out today, let me know when it arrives. :)
pink dogwood said…
Thanks CrystalChick - looking forward to getting the package.
Shelly said…
McCain was a class act, Obama was too. I am looking forward change, hope and a whole lot of new energy ...we just need to be patient.
Preeti Shenoy said…
I was glad he won too.
New template? Somehow I liked the other one better.
In case U are template hunting finalsense.com is a good site.
Cheers
preeti
That speech!!!!!!!!!!!! Far away in India it moved me and thousands of others! He was absolutely brilliant. I don't think you can say such stiff and not mean it. He made everybody happier :)

All the best to him, but one shouldn't expect miracles ... he has a tough task ahead.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...