Skip to main content

sock hop

My daughter's elementary school had sock hop last Friday - pizza, candy, and a DJ singing and playing cool kid songs . I had the pleasure of accompanying a gorgeous purple witch.

Off we go

The purple witch was holding two coats that she brought in for donation (which was the entrance fee to the dance). The wind tossed the witch's hat and she cackled as she ran....

DJ failed at several attempts to get the purple witch to join - they played macarena, they played soldier boy, they played cha-cha slide, but the witch just stood aside.

Finally they played the cotton-eyed Joe and the purple witch joined in

Great fun was had by all.

Comments

bindu said…
The purple witch is cute.
Shoes at a sock hop ? A little unorthodox.
pink dogwood said…
samosa, bindu - thanks

sg: ha ha ha - look who woke up and chimed in :)
Deb said…
Hi ~ I spent some time catching up on your last few posts and enjoyed my visit. I love Halloween. Glad your daughter had a fun time at the sock hop!
Dianne said…
fun!!

and a fabulous constume

what a smile she has
Sylvia K said…
How fun! Your daughter is lovely. I know you had a good time. What a great costume!
pink dogwood said…
deb - thanks and welcome back. waiting to hear all about the wedding from you.

Dianne, Sylivia - thanks and the fun continues tonight :)
Preeti Shenoy said…
LOVED the third pic..So much joy and so much LIFE in it.
Cheers and best wishes
Preeti
pink dogwood said…
Thanks PS - I loved that picture as well - the joy of being in the moment - priceless.
aMus said…
i love the vibrancy in the pic where she is running...
pink dogwood said…
yes suma - oh to be kid again :)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...