Skip to main content

a great artist


My brother, Anand, just completed a Master's in Fine Art from University of South Wales in Australia. Why Australia? He was sick of the corporate life in Washington DC and found the furthest point from DC - as the crow flies (or so I think). Anyways, he is back and all excited to embark upon his artisitic journey. He has started a web design company along with a couple of other artists. They are called Fenetik Design - I find even their website very cool, but I might be a little biased, just a little.
If you know of anyone who needs any design work, I would highly recommend him. Do check them out. And tell them you know Anand's sister, and they will treat you extra special :)

Comments

megha puNAter" said…
an artist in the family,thats lovely and the website is pretty cool.
Sylvia K said…
It is wonderful to have an artist in the family isn't it? I'll check out the website today and I do wish him all the best.
Deb said…
Congrats to your brother. He is fortunate to have a sister who is so proud of him. I will check out their site!
pink dogwood said…
Megha: it is great to have an artist in the family. Recently we went on a field trip to an art museum together - I will write about it later.

Sylvia: yes it is wonderful

Samosas: thanks

deb: He is 12 year younger than me, so I am like his mother :) Growing up he had 3 mother figures(mom, my sister and me) and some people wondered if he would grow up to be a spoiled brat - but he turned out really great. Goes to show you that too much love never hurt anyone :)
bindu said…
I looked at the website, and the designs there look great! I can see why you're proud of your little brother. :)
Wow. thanks for the plug sis! And thank you guys for the awesome comments!

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...