Skip to main content

tagged

I have been tagged by transient lives - here it goes:

Clothes Shop: I love the stuff in Antropologie but can't always afford everything there - you can find me often in the back at their clearance rack :)

Furniture Shop: I love ikea stuff. I don't particularly like furniture shopping - hence our formal dining area (4 years after moving into this house) is still empty.

Sweet: raspberry cheesecake, dark chocolate , sandesh (bengali), kalakand (indian)

City: I had to think about this one - I am not sure. I it is easy to fall in love with a city when you are visiting it, but living there might be different all together. I really like Washington DC - the area around the mall.

Drink: Can't live without ginger chai - a cup of chai in the morning and a glass of merlot with dinner :)

Music: Indian bollywood, some gazals, and a variety of bands from the 80s

TV Series: I sort of stopped watching TV when my kids were born. Before that I used to watch Seinfeld and Freinds a lot. Lately a friend recommended Monk and Psyche and I have been getting dvd of episodes of these shows from netflix.

Film: My favorite film keeps changing : recent favorites: Bread and Tulips, Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont. All time favorites: You've got mail, Tere ghar ke samne (hindi)

Workout: I can walk all day and not get bored or tired. Recently have been throwing in some running in there.

Pastries: Baklava - and a pineapple one that is very popular in India (or at least used to be when I was a kid)

Coffee: hazelnut flavor.

Now I must tag some others? I tag first 5 people to leave a comment here except for Transient Lives :)

Comments

bindu said…
Isn't it funny how most of us are addicted to ginger chai! I realized after I'd posted my list that I could include another set of hindi and tamil movies to this and the list would keep going! Thanks for playing along.
Samosas for One said…
Hi Pink Dogwood: As I currently have no computer I am remiss in wishing you a Happy Birthday one date late. I hope you had a great day!

Anu
pink dogwood said…
Wow samosas - how did you know? thanks much. I did have a great day - lots of pizza, lots of cheesecake and lots of merlot. My brother went to the Amish Market and brought me the best tasting cheesecake ever. Downed it with a few glasses of merlot - it was great. Good food and family near by - what else do you need in life :)
Sue said…
Happy Birthday from me too! I didn't know, but I hope it was a good one!

I'll consider myself tagged :)

I think I'll have to try the ginger chai!
Samosas for One said…
I just realized that you tagged me here a few days ago so I completed this tag on my blog. In regards to my Iconoclasts post there is no one that is currently alive that you would be interested in interviewing? Come on!

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...