Skip to main content

I finished my half marathon!!!!!

Very, very slow , but I finished it - yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I wrote all about it here -

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Congratulations! I'm so proud of you, too! I read your diary and saw your picture at the finish line, have to admit my feet stated hurting just reading about it. I use to run, never in any kind of race, but we lived in Montana near the Missouri River and I would run from our house down to the river and it was great. Get some rest, have a beautiful day and get ready for the next one!
bindu said…
Fantastic, bhavana - congratulations! I was thinking of you yesterday. I hope your blister heals quickly. If you want to fly down to Texas in Feb, we will all be running the Austin half then. I can totally imagine how you must've felt - I had a pulled muscle at mile 4 of the full marathon last year and was close to tears near the finish line (from the elation! :)). Enjoy the post-race high!
pink dogwood said…
Thanks Sylvia - running down to the river sounds great - do write more about it :)

Thanks Bindu - I want to do full one day - don't know when. Will think about Austin half in Feb.
aMus said…
did you hear me rooting for you...:D

congrats...that was well run!!!
Deb said…
You did it! You should be very proud of yourself - what an incredible accomplishment! I am glad you finished and didn't have to be carried off! Plus you raised so much money for an important cause! Hope your blister heals quickly. What a wonderful role model for your daughters (and me!)
bindu said…
You've been tagged! Check out my recent post. :)
Shelly said…
Wow. What an amazing feeling that must be. Congratulations!
aMus said…
bhavana,

would you want to do this tag...? totally no obligations....
pink dogwood said…
Sure Suma - I promise to do it in the next day or so :)
Congratulations! I thinks it's a great achievement:-)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...