Last winter I emailed a bunch of farms in this area that participated in CSA program. I finally heard from one of them last week saying that I can participate in their summer CSA program for $200.
They plan to provide arugula, basil, beans, beets, carrots, chard, cilantro, collard, eggplant, garlic, lettuce, lemongrass, okra, onions, potatoes, parsley, sweet peppers, hot peppers, tomatoes, turnips, watermelons - all certified organic!! When I go to super market, I somehow never buy such variety - now I will get all kinds of stuff every week.
They plan to provide arugula, basil, beans, beets, carrots, chard, cilantro, collard, eggplant, garlic, lettuce, lemongrass, okra, onions, potatoes, parsley, sweet peppers, hot peppers, tomatoes, turnips, watermelons - all certified organic!! When I go to super market, I somehow never buy such variety - now I will get all kinds of stuff every week.
I am really excited about it - the first pick up is August 13th.
In the mean time, here is some produce from my garden - very local, and very organic :)
Comments
Yes, if you go to the super market for organic produce, they are 3-4 times the price.
Sending you peace and blessings my friend,
Maithri