Skip to main content

Gratitude journal - day one

I was reading Preeti's blog and came across this great project of seven day positivity experiment. I want to try it too.

So what were the five things I am happy about from yesterday?

  1. Bright blue chicory flowers , sprinkled generously on the road side, on my drive to work. These weeds have become my favorite flowers. Would it be too weird if I pulled some of these weeds and gave them an honorable place in my front yard?

  2. Eating a grilled cheese sandwich made with havarti cheese on 'white bread' with good amount of butter on it - and not feeling guilty about it.
  3. Family dinner which consisted of leftovers and freshly made strawberry lassi (yogurt smoothie).

  4. 'aha' moment at work about automating testing.

  5. Sitting under a tree with my mom and watching both my daughters riding horses at their lessons. Petting the horses and feeding them sliced apples after the lessons. I never knew horses like hearing 'good boy' and being petted as much as the dogs do.

Comments

Sylvia K said…
How great to see your post today! I've missed you!! Love the new look to your blog! And those are five things that definitely speak to me! The flowers are beautiful, love the color and I would want some in my yard, too. I love cheese sandwiches, too. And I love horses -- owned two Arabian horses when my kids were growing up and they were a great part of our family. And, yes, they do love the same attention as the doggies! Hope all is well and that you're enjoying your summer.

Sylvia
pink dogwood said…
Sylvia,

I have missed you too - I have been away for too long. But when I saw that post about gratitude journel - I wanted to write something to tell myself to stop and smell the roses and be grateful for small things.

My daughters want horses too - but I am not sure if we can afford them or what it takes to have them. Maybe if we move out into a house with big enough yard? Maybe one day.

Nice hearing from you :)
Val said…
ooh i love the new look; and the project... in haste but all lovely - thanks - and more power to you xxxx
Oh, good for you for taking time to slow down and appreciate your moments.
pink dogwood said…
Val - thanks.


Lakeviewer - thanks and I am sorry I have been such a bad student lately. My family is waiting on me to learn enough italian so that we can plan a trip to Italy. The project manager in me is telling me right now that I need to block out time every week to learn it, otherwise it will never happen.
Anonymous said…
its so good for us to stop and think about what is good. I love that you are doing this and sharing it my friend.
Ciao (helping with the italian LOL)
xxmichelle
bodaat said…
awww, i love it! :)

i might have to follow suit and do a gratitude journal as well. it's always a good idea!
Kay said…
Writing thankful Tuesdays have made a difference to my life. Not that I'm a regular at it, but I feel so blessed every time I write down my thanks.

I loved reading your gratitude journal - day one. The chicory flowers look beautiful!! Sure, bring them over to your front yard if you like. I've seen this name mentioned many times in my herbal readings.
delhidreams said…
:) will go over to ur friend's blog n see dat post also. thanks for sharing life's beauty with us :)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...