Skip to main content

Gratitude Journal - Day Three




I managed to spend the whole weekend without much internet -hence the missing gratitude journal post. So this day three is actually day 5 - I will pick up where I left off :) So, what are the five things I am happy about?



1. Mom's cooking – need I say more?

2. Had my brother and his friends over for lunch. We sat around the dining table for several hours - just talking and eating and drinking - enjoying a great bottle of Vinho Verde. If feels so good to take the time to just sit around and linger after the meal for hours. We are always rushing through our lunches and dinners during weekdays, so these lingering meals over the weekend are greatly needed.

3. Harvested a basket full of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers from my garden. Ah… this is what I dreamed of all winter.

4. Remember the pumpkin that showed up in my garden last year? Well, this year two of them showed up in my front yard. Most probably from the Halloween pumpkin that was sitting on the front porch. They are doing really well and already have 3-4 baby pumpkins on them.

5. It was 100 deg at 7 in the evening. Went for a long walk - drenched in sweat - feeling light and detoxified. I thought about the harsh winter we had and thought to myself that I will take 100 degrees over 25 degrees any day :)

(image from here)

Comments

Tillybud said…
Glad to hear the veggies are doing well! I tried to leave a comment a few days ago but had forgotten how to do it!!! I like your gratitude journal - I write mine in a special book.
Lori ann said…
Ah, wonderful things to be thankful for. The gratitude journal is a brilliant exercise. I started mine about 15 years ago and it's still going. And i'm so thankful for that. :)
pink dogwood said…
Thanks Tillybud - welcome back to blogland.

Hey Lori - I will write it online for a week and then switch to a real paper and pen version. Would love to see some pages from your journal :)
Sylvia K said…
I'm really enjoying your Gratitude Journal. I do try to take the time each day to focus on the things I have to be grateful for and to try just as hard to eliminate the things I'm tempted to whine about. Your posts have been a great reminder! Enjoy your week!

Sylvia

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...