Skip to main content

something to ponder upon

The following two quotes have been stuck in my thoughts this whole week, so I thought I would share them with you.

Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. ~ Victor Hugo


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

Comments

Wise men, not always taking their own advice, though.
Sylvia K said…
Marvelous quotes and as lakeviewer wrote wise men don't always take their own advice. But do any of us -- even when we have wise thoughts??? Of course, I'm not guilty of having any of those any to often! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia
Dianne said…
I especially like Twain's quote, very true
Lori ann said…
how's your knitting coming bhavana? hope your enjoying!
beautiful quotes.
Delwyn said…
Hi PD

one of my friends identified my yellow tree as a Cortez Amarillo...but it does come in pinks too...It is a South American tree known as Ipe in timber.

I love the first quote...it speaks a lot about intrinsic faith...

Happy days
Deb said…
Love the quote by Twain. I try to live my life in such a way that I won't be too seriously disappointed at the end of the day. I love to explore,dream, discover. Life is meant to be lived. May you always catch a trade wind in your sails!
Vaidegi J said…
that was so lovely. glad i came across them. caught up in the mundane routine, its really refreshing to come across these gentle and mild 'prodering' quotes, which sets the mind thinking along these lines...(hope ive made sense!)
Quotes to live by
and do it
with no regrets.

xo
erin
Nishant said…
I'm not guilty of having any of those any to often! Hope you have a great weekend!

data entry work from home

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...