Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Meghana

Dear Meghana,
Around this time 13 years ago, we were caught in the beltway rush hour trying to make it the Holy Cross Hospital.



I was doubling with pain every time a contraction came and I was afraid that I will deliver you on the shoulder of I-95. But you took your own sweet time and didn't come till 7:17 that evening. When I got to the hospital, and was all hooked up, one of the nurses commented that the heart beat looks like its a boy. I wanted my first born to be a girl - My wish came true.



You were 4 weeks early. You didn't cry when you were born. They whisked you away to NICU. I had 101 fever so I wasn't allowed in NICU. I had a sleepless night and didn't get to hold you till the next day. You were so tiny that I was afraid to hold you.



I can't believe 13 years have passed. It feels like yesterday.



Happy Birthday Sweetheart - wish you happiness always.

love,
Mom

Comments

Deb said…
Happiest of birthdays to Meghana and happy birth day memories to MOM and DAD ! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies by ~ enjoy each day !
How very sweet to see more of her. Happy Birthday!
Sylvia K said…
Oh, Happy, happy, happy birthday, Meghana! What a beautiful young lady she is!! And talented! It sounds very much like the day my oldest daughter was born -- she took her time, too, but how worth the wait they are, aren't they! Thank you for sharing such a great day -- then and now! Much love to you both!!

Sylvia
ArtPropelled said…
Happy Biiiiirth-daaaaay dear Meghana,
Happy Birthday to yooooooouuuuuu.

Have a wonderful day!
Meghana said…
Thanks mom, I love you!!!! =)
aMus said…
awwww, Bhavana that was a lovely post...


wishing you loads of joy and happiness, Meghana! Enjoy your day :)
Lori ann said…
Happy Birthday Mama and daughter! I know what you mean Bhavana, time goes too fast, children are perfect reminders to live in the moment! I hope you both have a wonderful day.
Happy birthday Meghana,u indeed have alovely mom.keep her happy always.never make her cry..
love and hugs lakshmi
Anonymous said…
oh ! this is the poetry girl - May goodness cross your path always everyday -

Happy Birthday
Shalini said…
Happy Birthday to Meghana! What a wonderful and heartfelt post!
Dianne said…
Happy Belated Birthday!!
13 is such a cool birthday

She has the best smile :)
Delwyn said…
Hello Pinky

what a beautiful daughter you have with the brown brown eyes...

Many happy days to your family and especially today for Meghana...

Does Meghana have a special meaning?

Happy days
Priya Sebastian said…
Hi Bhavana,
I saw this and I came across to show it to you:
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/03/we-like-it-wild-shamrock-badges.html

Then I saw all those pictures of your pretty daughter. It is probably too late to wish her, but I do wish Meghana a wonderful and fun filled year ahead.
She's a teen!!! How cool is that?
thanks for stopping by and leaving the kind words about Buddy

it means alot

sending love,
kary
Snowbrush said…
We almost share a birthday--mine was March 1.
Nishant said…
How very sweet to see more of her. Happy Birthday!
data entry work from home
bindu said…
What a sweet post! I'm sure Meghana will treasure it. What fun to be a teenager! Wishing her the best.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...