Skip to main content

my crochet and knitting projects

Deb/Lori - You asked for a picture of my finished project (from my previous post). I am not sure when I will finish the blanket since I have the tendency to start ten projects at the same time. I made some wash cloths recently and here are some of them. I am also posting some pictures of the blanket which is going to be a work in progress for a while :)

A basket weave wash cloth
Another wash cloth
Yet another wash cloth :)
And finally little rectangles in the color ecru that I am making which have the potential of adding up to make a blanket one of these days.



Comments

Sylvia K said…
Your projects are beautiful!! You're so talented! Things have gotten a little hectic around here and I haven't visited as often as I like. Hope things are going well and hope the weather is showing a little more kindness in your area! Have a great week!

Sylvia
pink dogwood said…
Thanks Sylvia. I am enjoying the day off on President's day. The weather has been better - can't wait for spring though :)
bodaat said…
oooh, you're very talented!
Lori ann said…
Lovely work! basketweave was one of the first patterns i learned and i love it still. Knitting up squares for a blanket is a great idea.
I hoping for an early spring for you!
Lori ann said…
meant to say i'm hoping. :)
aMus said…
gosh, that's so beautiful! i love crocheting too..i finally got all my stuff here from india nd wait to restart! will get in touch with you if i fall short of ideas! :)
Deb said…
Well, dear friend ~ you are one talented lady. I love the basket weave and your work is gorgeous. I also love the color choices. Your photos of your work are also very artistic. The blanket will be wonderful to snuggle under during the cold nights of winter. Thanks for sharing your work with us. I hope you are able to finsh all of your projects ~ I have the same problem - too many unfinished projects, not enough time. Take care.
ArtPropelled said…
This is the first time I've heard of crocheted or knitted wash cloths. I like the idea!
gorgeous there's neatness too.I too take up many projects together when I get bored or the thing becomes monotonous I pick up another at present I'cross stitching a table cloth and knitting a pull-over.

Happy crocheting
Nishant said…
Hope things are going well and hope the weather is showing a little more kindness in your area! Have a great week!
data entry work from home

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...