Skip to main content

dream weaver

With each knot of crochet
I get one step closer
With each knot
I tie and affirm
my hopes
and aspirations

Many moons from now
When I have returned back
disintegrated
back to the basic elements

Would these hopes and dreams
stay secure and alive?
nestled within these knots?

My future generations
Would they feel the love
the hopes
the dreams
aspirations
yearnings
Being silenty whispered by this blanket

Would they pick up where I left off
and let my story continue?
Would they allow my dreams
to mingle with their dreams

So let me dream
these dreams
that are not restricted to a lifespan
And let me weave them
into this blanket of my dreams

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Beautiful words and thoughts, my friend! It's strange reading a number of post this evening to find this same theme running through so many. Take care and know my thoughts are with you and your family, as always!

Sylvia
Lori ann said…
I love poetry! this is lovely, are you really crocheting also? or is it only a metaphor? anyway, it's a pretty, i love the title too.
janis said…
Oh so pretty! This will stay with me. thank you!
pink dogwood said…
Thanks all.

Lori - yes, I am crocheting - trying to make a blanket, but the progress is slow.
Actually, I was sitting on my favorite chair, crocheting and thinking and these thoughts came into my head. so I put the crochet needle down and grabbed my laptop and wrote down these lines :)
Anil P said…
Beautifully articulated.

In the fabric the maker will live on.
awesome,the words are beautifully woven.Future generations will surely hear the wishpering of the blanket with love ,warmth and nostalgia.
Wow! This is such a beautiful thing to connect a life to a blanket.
Bobkat said…
Beautifully expressed :)
Snowbrush said…
What a wonderful poem!
what beautiful words...just lovely

thanks so much for stopping by Farmhouse today..it's always nice meeting a new friend.... and YES ! Buddy is my poodle...his real name is Butterscotch..but we call him Buddy..he is 14 and blind..but he is the love of our life...

more later,
kary and buddy
Deb said…
Thoughtful writing. Thank you for sharing this perspective - it has caused me to pause and reflect on the knitted/crochet pieces which I have received from families and friends. Hope you post pictures when you finish the blanket.
ArtPropelled said…
I enjoyed your poem so much. My grandmother, aunts and mother crocheted and for a while so did I. Maybe its time I started again.
Nishant said…
Take care and know my thoughts are with you and your family, as always
data entry work from home

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...