Skip to main content

warmth

It was another one of those cold drizzly afternoon. I had to make a quick run to the grocery store. As I grabbed one of the grocery cart by the door, I prepared myself to be jolted by the cold metal and hard plastic of the cart handle. I found a pleasant surprise - the handle was warm.

Still warm from the warmth of the previous user of the cart who must have left it there just a few moments ago. I smiled at the little gift, thanked the perfect stranger for the unexpected warmth, and pushed on through the double door of the store.

This is the kind of world my heart desires
a world where we are trying to make it just a little bit better for others,
a world where we appreciate little things.

Comments

Lori ann said…
Thank you for sharing this, it's the little moments in life for sure.
xx
bindu said…
I could imagine this very clearly because I dread that cold metal on cold days too!
aMus said…
what a lovely thought...

something like the feeling i get when i come here and see a post which warms my heart...

have a great day, Bhavana!
Tillybud said…
How lovely are you?? What a wonderful world this would be if more people thought like that.
Alisa said…
That is a nice post! Thanks.
pRiyA said…
:-) beautifully written.
karen said…
I loved this little insight ... x

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...