Skip to main content

Goodbyes

I have been working in this town for over 5 years now. For over 5 years, every weekday morning, I have been admiring this church. I think it is a private school and a church.I never took the time to go and visit it. I admired it from a distance.

Now my company is moving to a different location next week and I shall greatly miss this town which I grew to love. Here is the view that greets me every morning to work. It tells me to center myself and not get too caught in the whirlwind of the day :)


Click on the picture to get a better look. I took this picture yesterday from my car when I was waiting for the light to turn green.

This place would be just 20 minutes away, and I can often come here for lunch. But just like so many promises of keeping in touch, I am not sure if this one would be realized.

Comments

pRiyA said…
thank you for the reminder Pink.
Sylvia K said…
Lovely photo and I can understand why you will miss it! I hope the new location has something that will be worthwhile.
Bobkat said…
Yeah, that's a great tree :) I just know you'll find something else to centre yourself in your new neighbourhood though :)
karen said…
good luck with the new working location - hope you find new & interesting places there, too! :-)
bindu said…
I like your last sentence. Hope your new commute is at least as interesting.
Lori ann said…
yes, what Karen said. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise?

xx lori
Zion Girl said…
What a beautiful photo and a very unique church. Best wishes on your new journey. My favorite new quote that came from a lesson in my church is: ALWAYS FIND JOY IN THE JOURNEY. I love this........
Angela said…
Moving is heart-breaking, and moving is a wonderful challenge. Don`t regret now that you made up your mind. Amazing new things will be waiting for you around the corner!
CrystalChick said…
It is very nice, but maybe you just weren't meant to see the inside. The view of it on your way to work each day gave you exactly what you needed and why.

Nothing is permanent, so mow you can go to another town and find things along that route that will benefit you too.
Tillybud said…
I missed my old journey with it's little churches and winding roads. Now I love my new 'big skies' journey. To everything there is a season...
Jagriti said…
beautiful photograph...! but this is the truth about life..we realize the importance of things, places and perople when they are about to go far from us...

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...