Skip to main content

baby bell

I went to the farmer's market at lunch break today and fell in love with these orange beauties



I think I will try to grow them next year.





The farmer lady called them baby bells. They are sweet peppers - almost too cute to eat, don't you think?

Comments

Samosas for One said…
I went to the Farmers Market yesterday too! :)
megha puNAter" said…
oh they are awesome,love the colours.what did they taste like?
Unknown said…
Love them ! They look delectable and almost perfect as Christmas ornaments !
Meena said…
Oops that's me Meena about the Xmas stuff.
Deb said…
I bet they are yummy. I want to grow sweet peppers next year also. I grew green peppers this year. I am always amazed at how the food I grow or eat from the local farmers tastes so much better than the food I buy at the huge grocery store. Let us know how those peppers taste!
pink dogwood said…
samosas - I love them, wish we could have them year round.

Megha - they tastes just like bell peppers - I will find some seeds and plant them next year - just the ornamental aspect of them will be worth it.

Meena - you are right, they would look great as Christmas ornaments.

Deb - you are right, I wish I could eat home grown stuff all year round. The taste is 100 times better.
Sylvia K said…
I love your site! I'll definitely be back. Don't you love those little peppers? I know I do. I've found a public garden just a block from our house where I'm hoping to grow some of that good stuff next year.
pink dogwood said…
Thanks Sylvia, nice to have found you :)
spicymist said…
they look like baby pumpkins. u grow em for halloween? :P
pink dogwood said…
They do look like little pumpkins, but they are tiny bell peppers :)
~mE said…
Yes, they r pretty to eat :)
Samosas for One said…
Pink Dogwood: Post more photos of fruits and vegetables from your garden! Also, I have started reading and listening again to Marianne Williamson. My understanding is that she is the original author of that beautiful Nelson Mandela quote you post at the bottom of your blog. He just gets all the credit!
aMus said…
first time i've seen these...:)

and do hop over and collect your BFF award...
Samosas for One said…
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2008/08/the_omnivores_hundred.php
pink dogwood said…
samosas - yes I will post more pictures soon. I didn't know that quote was not by nelson mandela - I hadn't even heard of Marianne Williamson - thankd for letting me know I will check it out.

Suma - thanks!!!!!!!!

oh Samosas - just saw that link for omnivores 100 - sounds like fun. I will add my own soon - thanks :)
Judy said…
Thank you for your comment on my blog. If you make the bread and need to ask me any questions, my e-mail address is in my sidebar.Just put sourdough bread in the subject line. The peppers look great. I looked at your running blog also. I used to run in my younger years. I did a 5k race about 4 years ago but when I was in my 40s I ran a lot. Good luck on your goals.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...