We are a family of engineers.
I am an engineer, and so is my dad.
I married an engineer.
His dad happened to be one as well.
So imagine our surprise when our daughter decided to be a theater major. Especially since she is really good at math and science. How I made my peace with that is a topic for another discussion.
So we were sitting in a family gathering and discussing how my daughter got almost 100% in calculus. A relative who knew my father in law really well noted that it must come from my daughter’s grandfather. I almost wanted to raise my hand like a little kid and say, “but, but, I also almost always got 100% in Math…” but I didn’t want to take the conversation there. I have tremendous respect for my father in law. He might be one of the most brilliant person I know.
Then my daughter chimes in “I think I get it from my mom”
My heart filled with something warm and fuzzy
I am an engineer, and so is my dad.
I married an engineer.
His dad happened to be one as well.
So imagine our surprise when our daughter decided to be a theater major. Especially since she is really good at math and science. How I made my peace with that is a topic for another discussion.
So we were sitting in a family gathering and discussing how my daughter got almost 100% in calculus. A relative who knew my father in law really well noted that it must come from my daughter’s grandfather. I almost wanted to raise my hand like a little kid and say, “but, but, I also almost always got 100% in Math…” but I didn’t want to take the conversation there. I have tremendous respect for my father in law. He might be one of the most brilliant person I know.
Then my daughter chimes in “I think I get it from my mom”
My heart filled with something warm and fuzzy
Comments