Home alone this evening.
Drinking a glass of wine.
Burnt the rice that I was making. Maybe I don't need dinner. No one else to feed.
I can hear the traffic on I-95
Someone just locked their car outside. Two short beeps.
I hear Buddy's heavy breathing as he lays content near my feet after a walk and dinner. He needs so little to be happy.
A preview of times to comes when all evenings will be like this. Silence is really loud. I better turn on the TV to drown out this deafening silence.
Drinking a glass of wine.
Burnt the rice that I was making. Maybe I don't need dinner. No one else to feed.
I can hear the traffic on I-95
Someone just locked their car outside. Two short beeps.
I hear Buddy's heavy breathing as he lays content near my feet after a walk and dinner. He needs so little to be happy.
A preview of times to comes when all evenings will be like this. Silence is really loud. I better turn on the TV to drown out this deafening silence.
Comments