Skip to main content

Happy Valentines Day

I read this on snowbrush's blog and I thought what a great way to celebrate Valentine's day :)

So here I go

  1. I love my family
  2. I love my friends
  3. I love my dogs
  4. I love books
  5. I love our Library System
  6. I love red wine
  7. I love dark chocolate
  8. I love to hear my daughters play flute and guitar
  9. I love to hear my daughters sing
  10. I love to sing
  11. I love to laugh loudly
  12. I love dancing
  13. I love the color orange
  14. I love cheesecake
  15. I love butter
  16. I love vegetables
  17. I love yogurt
  18. I love anticipation of my kitchen garden
  19. I love cheese
  20. I love my shamrock plant with delicate white blossoms
  21. I love heated seats in my car
  22. I love the internet
  23. I love summer and beaches and palm trees
  24. I love sweating
  25. I love technology
  26. I love loving the same music as my kids as well as the music I love from the 80's
  27. I love anticipation of spring
  28. I love walking and running
  29. I love cotton blankets
  30. I love cashmere sweaters
  31. I love Tai Chi
  32. I love Yoga
  33. I love comfy couches
  34. I love fireplaces
  35. I love Ikea pastries and coffee
  36. I love farmer's cheese
  37. I love farmer's market
  38. I love hard wood floors
  39. I love HD TV
  40. I don't hate my job :)

Comments

Brian Miller said…
ha. love the change up in th last line...and you got a lot of love going on...hope you have a great vday!
Sylvia K said…
Happy Valentine to you and you do indeed have a lot of love going on and some how our worlds always look better when they're wrapped in love. Hope all is going well with you and your family!!

Sylvia
Sylvia K said…
Oh, and I love the new look to your blog! Great for spring!!
Dianne said…
those are some pretty good loves :)

you made me laugh with your it's not Monday, don't scare me comment

hugs to you and your daughters
janis said…
Very Splendid! I think I will follow suit if you don't mind. I love that you have so much love♥
Lori ann said…
oh bhavana, we could be sisters, i love everything on your list too. isn't life good?

i'm glad all is well with you my friend.
xxx
karen said…
Hi! Great new looking blog, and what a burst of happiness for Valentine's day..

Popular posts from this blog

Rajani Didi

Why is grief not a slope that diminishes into nothing? Why is it a wave? Why does it come and go? Like an ocean wave. Barely nudging you sometimes. But other times knocking you off your feet. This was the last time we were together and so happy. I was not ready to lose you.  I know you were not ready to go.  We had made plans to grow old together.  There were so many things we had planned for the near future and the far future.  And now what?

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

My herb garden

When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden. — Minnie Aumonier This half barrel planter has been my herb garden for the past four summers. A mismatch of a few odd, not so perfect things, just like me. An unruly lavender plant that somehow survived last winter in its tiny pot. A reincarnated mint, occupying a slightly different spot in the barrel this time around. A solar light that I stole from the front yard that soaks up the sun all day long and casts gleeful patterns on the tender herb leaves after sundown. A purple solar powered globe with a glass mosaic that used to light up when it was younger. Now it just reflects the light that shines on it — probably should be discarded, but I am not done with it yet. I have trouble letting go of old friends. It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought. ~ James Douglas ...