Skip to main content

red maple


I stroll past a red maple
glowing bright red in the evening sun
one tiny leaf
waiting for me
since last spring
waiting for me
to notice her beauty
clinging with all her might
barely holding on
takes a sigh of relief
when my eyes land on her
and flutters to the ground
her wait is over
(image from here)

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Gorgeous photo and very moving, beautiful words! Hope all is well with you and your family! Enjoy your evening! Much love and good thoughts sent your way!

sylvia
Kay said…
Beautiful!!! missed ya.
beautiful image,loving the light
pink dogwood said…
Thanks all. Sorry, can't take credit for the picture. But I was out running last saturday and saw a leave flutter to the ground and these thoughts popped up in my head :) I love fall more than any other season.
Val said…
beautiful words and picture - that colour is awesome. I agree, its a fabulous time of year :)
karen said…
Beautiful.. enjoy the Fall!

Well done for the half marathon, too, by the way!
Betsy Brock said…
Oh how nice! We are down to our last few leaves here..they have been especially beautiful this year!
bindu said…
hi bhavna, nice to be back in touch! Congrats on your half marathon. I am in training too. Beautiful thoughts in poetry ...
Dianne said…
beautiful leaf
I love that red and how it attracts the sun
lovely poem
Amanda Summer said…
ah, so glad to see you back bhavana!!

lovely image and such touching words ~

happy thanksgiving to you!
Unknown said…
wow. can i share this with my friends

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...