Skip to main content

Gratitude Journal - day seven

Some ordinary happy thoughts and moments:

  1. I am happy that my daughters go on mini hiking excursions with me. Also happy about the trail that we found near our house that follows a river.

  2. Temperatures have mellowed down a bit.

  3. I give my kids mini projects over the summer. I asked my younger one if she knew who Copernicus was - she didn't. Then I asked her to make a presentation about how Copernicus revolutionized Astronomy. She did a great before and after poster board presentation on what we believed the solar system to be before when we thought Earth was stationary and the center of our solar system and after when Sun got the spot that Earth used to claim.

  4. Planning a trip up north to Canada in a few weeks.

  5. Rainy morning - everything washed anew.
(image from here)


It was great writing out things to be happy about . I will continue writing in my journal. Thanks for listening all :)

Comments

Sylvia K said…
I have loved reading your gratitude journal and it's been a great reminder for me to take a few moments each day to look at the wonderful things in my life and how they outnumber the bad things! Enjoy your trip to Canada! And have a beautiful week!

Sylvia
What a great idea, projects for kids to keep on growing. We love them!
Kay said…
Awww! Canada... If its Toronto, maybe we can meet for coffee?

loved reading your gratitude list! Have a fab week!
Kay said…
And oh, I love the mini projects idea! :) I used to give it to my kiddo brother (of course, I had to dangle some carrots for it to work) but will certainly remember to do with my little M. She's love it! She comes up with brilliant mini ideas of her own.
Dianne said…
I really enjoyed reading back from here to day one
thanks for that
stopping by here came at a perfect time

hugs
Lori ann said…
I love this all, i hope you and your family have a lovely week Bhavana.

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...