
I took my morning yoga session outdoors this morning. I spread my mat on the deck facing the sun filtering through the leaves of the big oak tree. A gentle breeze hummed as I stood in tadasana, hands folded in gratitude for the miracle of summer. I remembered the 30 inches of snow we had not too long ago. I remember thinking summer will never come and longing for warm weather. And here I am, soaking up the morning cool before it gets too warm. I touched my palms to the floor, reciting gayatri mantra. I reached up to the sky and sun smiled at me again. I feel like I could do this all day long. I had a hectic day yesterday and I needed to borrow some energy from sun this morning. The sun didn't mind as it had plenty to spare.
After doing the sequence several times I was ready to take on the day.
(image from here)
Comments
xxsm
such a beautiful post for me (and i love the look of your blog too, the deep orange, umber? is so comforting).
i love to do sun salutation alone, in nature. sometimes on the beach, sometimes my backyard.
now I'm humming 'Oh Happy Day'