Skip to main content

singing lessons

me: Its a cli....................mb
daughter: Its a cli.................iii......mb

me: Its a cli........ii......ii......ii.........ii.....mb
daughter: No, not that long Its a cli.................iii......mb

We were driving home earlier this evening, singing at the top of our lungs and she was teaching me the Miley Cyrus song: The Climb

And as I was singing, I was remembering not too long ago, seems like yesterday, when the roles were reversed and I was teaching her:

me: down came the ra...in and washed the spider out
daughter: down came the wain and wasssh pider ouo

me: No, down came the ra..in and washed the spider out
daughter: down came the wa...aain and wasssh pider ouo


I smile through my singing.
I am loving my chance of second childhood through them.

Happy Friday All - go sing with your kids :)

Comments

Sylvia K said…
And aren't they lovely memories? Your post brought back so many fun memories of my kids when they were growing up! And now they're all "very" grown and teaching me! Wishing you a lovely weekend, my friend!

Sylvia
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tears of happiness down my cheeks... this is precious. Lovely lovely image of you two singing and you smiling at childhood replica.

Itsy Bitsy Spider in In Italian:
"Whiskey ragnetto/ che sale la montagna/ La pioggia lo bagna/ e whiskey cade giù...

Thank you!
ArtPropelled said…
Wonderful memories come flooding back .... and Insy Winsy spider is one of them.
oH, lovely. My daughter, who is a music teacher, tells me that we used to sing together all the time when she was little. I don't remember all of it, but she does and reminds me of these lovely times.
Deb said…
Ah, a post that truly tugs at my heart strings. My grandbabies love to be sung to - 'The Wheels on the Bus' is their current favorite. So glad you appreciate these times with your children. Enjoy!
karen said…
Sweet! I just love the idea of you learning the Miley song from your daughter.. enjoy those moments :)
We pivot around each other, don't we, handing off these roles, trading, reversing, creating anew. So much truth in this one small exchange. It grows outward from here.

xo
erin
lovely lovely images and lovely memories
Anonymous said…
children are always the ticket to keep up with the times. long live the singing..

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...