Skip to main content

one of those days

i am so sick
my head is spinning
i have a cold
i am coughing
i feel cold
then i feel hot
i want someone to 'poor baby' me
i want someone to tuck blanket around me and touch my hot forehead with their cool hands
i am such a whiny baby

i still went to work because of an important meeting
it was raining as i was driving home
i was cold even with the heat on in the car
i came home and mom and dad were both there
they both fussed and 'poor babied' me
dad made me a snack
mom kept telling me take tomorrow off
i loved all the attention

i have been absent for so long
and now when i finally write, i whine about my sickness
as if people have nothing better to do than to read this?

actually i am feeling pretty good right now
the motrin worked
husband brought pizza home
kids served me pizza in bed ̣(well in couch)
and now its just me and my laptop laying next to the fireplace
being sick is not so bad
i can just lay here and do nothing
because that's what you are supposed to do when you are sick

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad! If I was there I would do just what your family is doing, because that's always the very best medicine of all. I have missed you lately and it's good to see you back. I hope the aches and pains go away soon and that in the meantime you get lots or loving care, special treats etc!

Be good to yourself, too!

Big hugs,

Sylvia
karen said…
Missed you!! I am so glad you have been given plenty of special love and attention while feeling sick.. hope you are feeling loads better by now! :)
ArtPropelled said…
I've been wondering what happened to you since you've been away so long. Sorry you've been feeling poorly. Sometimes our bodies know when we need some time out so enjoy the pampering while it lasts.
janis said…
So happy to see you have posted something after such a MIA period, however~ so sad you are feeling ill! "Poor Baby" Please feel better soon! We want to read what you have to say. So much out there :) Now get some rest, fluids, and feel better soon! Prayers sent your way!
yes, that
and the be babied part.
How perfect for your parents to arrive
and give you that love.
xo
erin
(hope you're better soon)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...