Skip to main content

Ocean City, MD

Captured the rising sun in Ocean City last weekend
Some cool kites
And these clear round jelly things that were getting washed up on the beach - does anyone know what they are?

Comments

Jellyfish. Lovely, sticky jellyfish to make wonder so.
Sylvia K said…
Ah, the summer is winding down! And, yes, I think those are jellyfish. The last ones I saw were still in the water, but they do make a sticky mess on the sand!

Have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia
Val said…
Ocean City - cool name; you were up early! lovely sunrise and amazing kite fest. I think i need to walk on a beach soon. thanks!
karen said…
Wow, that sunrise! It must have been even more breathtaking in real life! interesting jelly creature, and the picture of the kites in motion, too. Loved your last post about the popcorn, as well :)
ArtPropelled said…
Is that a little dog in the sky? I had to look twice.
pink dogwood said…
lakeviewer - thats what I thought, it was absolutely clear.

sylvia - yes, hate to see summer go - but I love fall too, so it is not so bad :)

Val - yes, the rest of the family was sleeping and I went out for a walk on the beach - it was wonderful.

Karen - the sunrise was awesome. The kites were amazing - thanks

ArtPropelled - yes that is a cute dog up there :)
Gill said…
Is it a moonjelly?
So pretty!
{Just do not step on it!}
bodaat said…
how beautiful those kites are!
pink dogwood said…
Gillian : I didn't know what a moonjelly was and looked it up - wow - they have been around for a while :)
Sea jellies, sometimes called jellyfish, are boneless, brainless and heartless,
and are made almost entirely of water. They are also survivors, and have
been around since before the dinosaurs.


bodaat: They were a beautiful colorful contrast against the sky.
bindu said…
The sea looks like liquid metal in the first picture and the sun like a ball of fire. Lovely. It's been so long since I was at the beach - your pictures make me want to go.
Dianne said…
I love Ocean City
used to take the Lewes Ferry and visit there often

great photos
Jagriti said…
the first pic is so beautiful...calm and serene....
pink dogwood said…
Bindu - thanks. I know what you mean - your pictures and posts make me want to go hiking, go running, read history, make pottery, paint and a lot more :)

Dianne - Yes, I love Maryland - we have beaches and we have moutains - just missing a desert :)

Jagriti - thanks
Anil P said…
So many kites. Was it some kind of a kite festival?
pink dogwood said…
Anil P: It was just a kite store, trying to sell kites - check them out here, I think they have a webcam too :)

http://www.kiteloft.com/about.asp

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...