Skip to main content

song of the trees



Have you ever heard the song of the trees?
Invited the breeze mingling through the tenuous branches
to infuse your hair with the scent of the forest


Have you ever quieted your mind down enough
to hear a bee alight on a flower
hear the rustling of a sparkling spider web



Have you ever lifted your face
up to the saffron glow of the rising sun
to warm your being

The ever present verdant magic
is waiting for you to turn off the hum of the dailiness
and instill the calm within your soul

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Beautiful and wise words, my friend, and ones I needed to read, thoughts I needed to be reminded of this morning. Thank you.

Sylvia
pink dogwood said…
Thanks Sylvia :)

I made a cup of tea this morning and went in my backyard and was mesmerized by the beauty of the morning. so I got my camera and laptop and wrote down a few words to remember this morning.
Anonymous said…
i adore what you have written :) very very peaceful, you sat inside the quiet space within you this morning and viewed the world from that vantage point....such beauty and peace to be found there.
xxsm
karen said…
Your words are a delight to my tree-hugging, nature-loving soul!
Delwyn said…
Hello Pink Dogwood, Delwyn here,

it is nice to meet you and come for a visit. I look forward to getting to know you further.
Your poem is a lovely invitation to slip into the world of nature...the universe within the universe...

Happy days
janis said…
Ohh Pink Dogwood! I recently moved and am so engrossed in the beautiful music that the trees make! We have 20 trees in the back yard! I have to walk my three dogs often through the yard as they are use to a fenced in yard. We have been getting aquainted with the lovely sounds, smells and overwhelming feeling the trees give me. I LOVE THEM!
pink dogwood said…
sweetmango: thanks

Karen - :) from one tree hugger to another :)

Delwyn: thanks - I have been following your blog for a while and love it :)

janis: three dogs - wow - I have two and love exploring the trails with them as well.
bindu said…
lovely words ... "saffron glow of sunshine". :)
Dianne said…
quiet your mind enough to hear nature - a wonderful idea!!
pink dogwood said…
Diane : thanks - only if I could do it more often.
Val said…
this is so so beautiful. Two poets in the family then? i'd like to read this every day.Our trees are singing with the flowering season right now and there are pockets of fragrance in the air. thank you
Jagriti said…
beautiful poetry..! has so much of soul..
Val said…
i now have a copy of the book you recommended 'Water for Elephants'; looking forward to a good read. thanks
Lori ann said…
Dear Bhavana,
I have just bookmarked this to keep. I love this and I do know just what you mean. Really lovely.
Thank you.
Kay said…
It's beautiful Bhavna!

It's like meditation, a walk ... soaking in the peace and the green of the trees. That sentence isn't good grammatically but you know what I mean.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...