Skip to main content

all it takes

Red is redder

Orange is oranger

Kids are adorable

Puppies are cuter

The clutter becomes invisible

All the sharp edges are smoother

The next work day is light years away

The slightest evening breeze stirs passion

The sunset is prettier

The late evening beckons you outdoors

All kinds of sins are forgivable

Life is beautiful

After just two glasses of a good merlot!!!!

Comments

Snowbrush said…
Well, by golly, if two are THAT good, then let's you and me have four!
Val said…
bravo! if only we could hold that thought forever :-)
karen said…
Oh, I love this! And the previous one about the (more) berries :)
Yes, or just one glass of anything you like.
Sylvia K said…
Bravo, indeed! Always love to find someone that knows how to see the beautiful -- we're definitely on the same wave length! My favorite is a wine called Shiraz, this particular one from Australia. Lovely way to wind down the day.

Have a great weekend, my friend, and here's to you!
bindu said…
he-he-hic! good one. :)
Bobkat said…
I've found that a good Chardonnay works as well! LoL!
pink dogwood said…
snowbrush - lets go for it :)

Val - can't hold the thought forever, have to redo it every evening :)

Karen: thanks

lakeviewer: true

Sylvia: I like shiraz as well and after a couple of glasses I can't tell the difference between shiraz and merlot :)

Bindu: try it - it works :)

Bob-kat: It must - a couple of rum and coke or martinis work too :)
ArvindS said…
Only 2? I thought your tolerance level had increased.

Good poetry. Was that poem written before the effects wore off?
pink dogwood said…
s9uazs: only 2 on weekdays:) of course that brilliant poetry was while the head was buzzing. I was embarrassed about it the morning after and went to delete it, but some people had already commented, so I left it alone :)
Hi,
Stumbled on your blog.Love the posts.The approach is quite different.will try reading all posts.
Shalini said…
Words to live by!
Shails said…
Hic,Hic,Hurray! :)
Preeti Shenoy said…
ha ha ha :)
You said it!
But Vodka works just as fine :)
Cheers
preeti
Lori ann said…
Yes, life is beautiful. I love it Bhavana. Have you seen the movie Sideways? it's a great movie about wine (and other things), and it's filmed only about an hour north from where i live!
Tessa said…
Absolutely perfect! I shall borrow that as my mantra.

Oooh, those mulberries in your last post look so delicious - wish I could reach in and pinch a couple for myself.

PS. If you can email me your address, I'll send you a print of Dance, Pretty Mama ....just because!
pink dogwood said…
Laxmi, Shalini, Shails, Preeti : Thanks

Tessa: Oh my!!! can't believe my luck. will email you from home. I still can't believe it :)
Deb said…
I love, love, love this...I kept reading and reading and a huge smile came over my face when I got to the end. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
:)Everday is perfect to have a glass of merlot..it keeps you in good health too. Hope you had a happy4th.
Beth Kephart said…
This is so funny. Cabernet works, too, I've discovered.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...