Skip to main content

what's on my refrigerator

I was tagged by Suma long time ago to share the face of my refrigerator :) I guess like most families with kids, it is an everchanging surface, with latest assignments, achievements and field trip notices. Here is mine
I am a great admirer of the artist Mary EngelBreit and have been buying her calendars for past several year - all cutesy and overly sweet - just the way I like it. I also have some of her magnets to brighten up my dark refrigerator. Here they are:







These I picked up from Epcot center in Orlando last spring.



Since I am late doing this tag - I forget who has already done it. So again I tag you, my visitor, if you haven't already done this :)

Comments

Samosas for One said…
I agree that Stefan is the most consistent, but he is not a team player and is so rude and obnoxious sometimes. Sucks that they got rid of Ariane and Radhika cause they were the other two that were consistently winning. Now I think Jamie, Hosea, and Stefan will be in the final three.
aMus said…
wow what a fridge surface!! It was worth the wait, that's for sure, :)

and the lil quotes are too cute...brought a smile to my face...

thanks for doing it, and hats off to you for adding all those pictures...it takes so much of time, doesn't it?
pRiyA said…
pink, thanks for your kind and encouraging comments on my blog. i have a confession to make, i had no clue what your real name was (not even with the email requesting the christmas card), until one day, quite by accident i clicked on a name in chai pilgrimage and it turned out to be you!
Sue said…
I love Mary Englebreit too!
Deb said…
Our refrigerators look very much the same - I have fun magnets, advertising magnets and magnets with happy messages. I don't have the school notices any longer since I am past that stage of life but I have appt. cards, pictures of my family and postcards. You probably can tell a lot about a person from the front of their refrigerator.
karen said…
enjoyed the glimpse of your fridge!! ours is rather boring in comparison, I think.. one day will post a pic of it, complete with cat sitting on top! :-)
megha puNAter" said…
i have a book of this artist,i forgot her name.love her drawings :)
megha puNAter" said…
thats it mary engelbreit (read it in one of the comments)
Shelly said…
M.E.'s art always makes me smile...great to see another fan out there. I have so many favorites of hers it's hard to pick just one.
Tillybud said…
My fridge door seems rather dull now that I've seen yours! I just have one magnetic game of 'four in a row' on it.
bindu said…
I like the illustrations on the magnets you've collected. And I like "I wine a lot"! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...