Skip to main content

six random things

I was tagged to list six random things about me by A Kaleidoscope Rotated. And then I am supposed to tag six more people.

Well, here are six random things about me:

1) I am a techie by profession (EE/CS) - but in my dreams I am an artist. I would love to create beauty for living.

2) I can walk for hours and then some more (the longest I have walked is 18 miles).

3) My favorite food is arhar dal, rice, okra and mint chutney (I am drooling thinking about it).

4) At work, I have trouble explaining something, unless I have a pencil in my hand. I like to scribble as I talk. I like to doodle all over the place.

5) I learned karate for a while and am a green belt.

6) I love reading and one of my regrets at the end of the life would be that I haven't read all that I wanted to read.

Can't think of six people to tag - I invite bloggers who leave comments to write six things about themselves if they haven't already done this tag - thanks :)

Comments

Samosas for One said…
1. In what form would you live to create beauty for a living.

2. Arhar is my FAVORITE meal too. Well, only my mom's with chawal...AND roti and bindi. Oh so good. And my mom's homemade gajar, gobi and shalgum achar. :)
~mE said…
had to google to figur what is arhar dal :)
i like moong also :))

Nice :) Happy to know a lil more about you and mine is here
http://wordsrallihave.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged.html
Tillybud said…
Yum -all this food talk is making me hungry. Six things? I shall have to have a little think.
Sujatha Bagal said…
That plant you have that you brought inside into your kitchen is, I think, the African Violet. Used to have a couple of those a long time ago.

Great to find your blog. I'm not so far away, on the other side of DC. :)
Vicky said…
Six random things about me....hmmm.

1. I am an eternal optimist. That doesn't fit in very well in my house full of perfectionists...lol

2. I would love to learn to play a musical instrument but I haven't got the patience.

3. I am aware of who I am...and refuse to bound by the bonds this world sets up.

4. Sometimes my dreaming mind and high ideals confuse the heck out of the rest of the world.

5. I have no sense of direction.

6. Right now I should be studying.
bindu said…
Cool - you've learned Karate! Where was it that you walked 18 miles?

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...