Skip to main content

Riddle Me This

One fine day when I was checking out A Mad Tea Party, I happened upon a picture of my most favorite dessert and it didn't take me long to guess what it was. Well, what do you know - I won the contest and here is my turn to post something that others have to guess.


Here are the rules of riddle me this


You have to:
find something stranger than strange and,
post it on their blog within the next two weeks.
The quiz remains open for at least 1 day and at the most 2 days.
The person who guesses it correctly gets the torch and is the next host for Riddle Me This.
If the person who guesses correctly is the previous host, then that person will get to pick someone to pass the buck to from all those who made a guess.
And so on.
Please use the fabulous logo, also designed by Manisha, and link back to the host who passed the baton on to you.
Please do your best to keep this alive. Just think of how much fun it will be!


Well, I just picked something at random and I am hoping that it is sort of hard to guess? Guess what this is?



I agree it is not really stranger than strange, but I need to keep the ball rolling - so go on - guess :)

Comments

Celery hearts... the cross section when you cut closer to the base?
Sylvia K said…
Ah, beat me to it!
Anita said…
I know this too! Glad Kiran got here first!
bindu said…
Celery stalks! I guess Kiran is the winner. :( Happy new year, Bhavana!
pink dogwood said…
hey another Kiran - you are it now :)

Sylvia, Anita -thanks

Bindu - Happy New Year and welcome back.
I love how RMT is coming along! So glad you were a sport and got to it so quickly!
Bobkat said…
Looks like celery to me but I see most people have guessed that too :)
Yayyyyy I won I won.. I finally won something!

I am so thrilled to be able to do this. Will get to it in about 2 days from today (jan 14) only because my camera is with a business tripping husband. And my cell phone camera sucks eggs and besides I dont know how to get cell phone pictures onto here!

Many excuses, but I promise 2 days is all I need!
pink dogwood said…
Thanks for playing all - I should have taken a more obscure picture :) I can hardly wait to see what another kiran in NYC comes up with :)
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...