Skip to main content

The best things in life are free

Tomorrow morning, before the sun is up too high, find a patch of grass that is drenched in dew.

Take off your shoes.

Walk barefoot on the wet grass for a few minutes.

Put your shoes back on - don't wipe your feet.

Close your eyes and savor the feeling of rejuvenation.

Log on to your blogger and tell me how you felt.

I tried it this morning and I cannot tell you how good it felt - you will have to try for yourself.

Comments

Dianne said…
This is spooky - in a good way!

I do this a lot. I usually feed the birds and the squirrels early in the morning and often just run out barefoot.

It feels delicious!! The soft wetness of the dew combined with the texture of the grass makes me feel like Mother Nature.

What a wonderful post!!

and congrats on being so well into the composting. I have hit a roadblock with complaints from my son and my neighbor :(
pink dogwood said…
Dianne - thanks :)

Why the roadblock with composting? Is it unpleasant smell? My dentist is really into it and he encouraged me to do it saying their is nothing to it - just pile it on and it is ready by itself - you don't even have to turn it. I will have to wait and see how it works for me.
bobbie said…
Barefoot in wet grass. What fun!
Dianne said…
pink - even though I am armed with research my neighbor, whose fence would be next to the best compost place, and my son are adament that it will smell and it will attract bugs and vermin - they're so ridiculous.

since I'm already battling with them over the traps I put out to rescue the strays I'm not ready to take on a second fight.

I'll triumph eventually - I did with the traps LOL
pink dogwood said…
Dianne - I will let you know how my composting is going in a few weeks - then you can back your argument up with a real life example :)

My husband didn't want to do it for past two years - it took me this long to convince him :)

Can you blog sometime about how you put traps to rescue strays - I am curious.

Good luck
ruchi said…
Sounds so nice. Unfortunately I am not sure I will do this because walking on the grass barefoot in LA can frequently mean stepping either on poop or broken glass. Sigh.
delhidreams said…
oh! i've done it so many times. it feels as remarkable as that frangrance from the earth after the first rain :) can't be described in words.
but yes, i won't wear a shoe after my legs are wet with dew drops :)
oh and ayurveda says, it makes ur eyes brighter and healthier :):)
pink dogwood said…
Adi, If I remember correctly, the word for that fragrance when the first rain hits hot dirt is called 'saundhi' - I love that too.

Eyes brighter and healthier - cool :)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...