Skip to main content

Blissful lotus

I am no photographer, and can barely operate a point and shoot - but doesn't this picture look like one of Monet's painting? I shot this at Animal Kingdom this past week when we when on a Disney vacation over spring break. Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite Disney Park (Epcot being the other favorite).

I really enjoyed watching this duck lazily swim away, oblivious to all the spring break Disney chaos.

The two animals in the window are my own - guess which one is a leopard and which one is the Minnie Mouse :)

Comments

bobbie said…
I think that your pictures are charming.

Thank you for visiting my blog so often. I have no idea why I have not investigated yours sooner. You must have got "lost in the shuffle" as they say. I will add you to my list.
pink dogwood said…
Bobbie - I like your blog a lot as well and love listening to you reminisce :)
Dianne said…
the pictures are lovely! just lovely.

you may think you're not good with a camera but this is evidence that you are :)
Shelly said…
The photos are wonderful, I love it that you took us to Disney with you and captured beautiful vistas.
pink dogwood said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
pink dogwood said…
Dianne, Shelly - thanks
Divya and Chaya said…
Who can say this is not a Monet! Guess you and your family had a great time at the animal kingdom!!
pink dogwood said…
thanks dee and chai - we did have a great time :)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...