Skip to main content

Tapas


I think one of the biggest problem with eating out is the portion size - we get way too much food. And it is hard to keep track of it in a social setting when you are talking and laughing and putting stuff in your mouth without giving it much thought.

A perfect solution would be to eat at a Tapas bar - if that is an option. We happened upon one when we were visiting Baltimore Inner Harbor on President's day. This place is called 'La Tasca'.

The food was great and the best thing was the portion size - it was just the right amount for lunch time. I had Pollo al Ajillo (chicken breast cooked in white wine and garlic) - it was amazing. I also had 'Tradicional Sangria Tinta' - it was sooooooo good - next time I am going for the pitcher.

I have never tried cooking chicken with white wine - but after that meal I am definitely going to give it a try.


Here are mom and dad waiting for their lunch :)

Comments

I discovered tapas during my trip to Spain. that's all they eat there and then it instantly clicked why everyone looked so healthy and fit. Plus the copious amounts of wine :)
pink dogwood said…
yup - wine is the key. My new diet is no food after sundown - only red wine :)
Sue said…
I love that diet tip! Best one I've heard yet!

Love the Tapas idea too, I'll have to find a place...
Sahefa said…
thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.I will tell when i'll write my new post.
btw.........nice post!
bobbie said…
What you say about portion size is so true. I do not understand why they give us so much. We all know it isn't good for us, and when it is put in front of us it is very hard to stop before we go too far.
Divya and Chaya said…
Hi there- Thanks for visiting us. You look like our long lost friend. After reading through your blog we find that you are so much like us! Coming to the recipe, yup, you might as well substitute paneer or tofu but we are not sure if the intensify of the flavors would remain the same.
pink dogwood said…
hey dee and chai - I have been reading your blog for a while and really like it - I will try the recipe with chicken :)

thanks for stopping by
pink dogwood said…
I totally agree Bobbie - that is why I often find someone to split the food with :)
Dianne said…
I always take home a "doggie bag" and then I have lunch for the next day.

the restuarant's decor is very interesting. your parents are very serious and quite endearing as well.

I love visiting Baltimore ;)
pink dogwood said…
Yes Dianne, doggie bag is always a good idea - I think my mom looks very serious because we were all starving and waiting for food :)
Anonymous said…
Cooking with wine gives meat a delicious taste and a wonderful aroma...gud for health as well
pink dogwood said…
Bhags - yes, gotta give it a try soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

walk at the beach

As I went for an early morning walk to bid adieu to the ocean I felt like three days was not enough. The vastness of the ocean made me forget everything. The voices in my head calculating and recalculating deadlines and the project plans, they were all muffled by the constant roar of the waves. The thoughts about work were wiped out as soon as they formed. The sand slipping away from under my feet reminded me of impermanence of everything. But, all good things must end and I was preparing myself to go back to my routine. As I walked the edge of the water, trying not to get wet, the ocean kept tugging at me like an insistent child. I tuned it out as I tried making a mental to do list of the stuff that needed to be done as soon as I got back. It threw a tantrum and lashed at me with this big roaring wave - how dare I ignore it? I smiled, put away my thoughts, and tuned back into the surroundings again. It calmed down and rewarded me with a gentle tinkling sound of its receding wave - lik...

berry impatient

3 years ago we bought some raspberry and blackberry plants from Lowes. With high hopes and visions of raspberry cheesecake floating in front of us, we made a berry patch. The first year we just had a few berries. Next year we had a few more, but they didn't taste all that great. So I told my husband that we will dig them out of this prime spot and put them somewhere towards the back of our yard and if they live, they live. We planned on putting something else in their spot. I think the berries heard me and I think some feelings were hurt. They knew they were on probabation and they strategized a plan. They spread out in all directions in wondrous glory ... and loaded themselves with lots more berries than ever before... they were looking pretty good so I asked them - you look alright, but I wonder how you are going to taste this year. So they ripened a small batch for me to try. And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they taste.... And the blackberries are doing alrigh...

love on a scale from 1 to 10

Every time I have a glass or two of wine, I get these urges to write on my blog - I always am embarrassed about it the next morning, but does that stop me? No. But you must be used to it by now. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and am so envious of the love Jacob has for Marlena. I know it is fiction, but still!!! I mean I love my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my sister, my dogs, my fishes, my plants, my car (yes I do - I call it Dhanno) - even some of my coworkers - but the extent of my love has never been tested and quantified - so how do I fare on a scale of 1 to 10? Would I run across the top of a running train for my love? Would I??? Is being in love a true or false? Is it enough to say that you love someone? Or is it a scale from 1 to 10? Do some people love more intensely than other? Would I run on top of a running train and risk my life for the people I love? Me - who cannot even hurt a fly - could I kill for love? Would I? Would you? Shoul...